Sunday, February 27, 2011

Phlegm Phlagm

I'm sick. Wife's sick. Baby's sick.

We're all sick and keeping the generic-brand tissue company in business.

I've blown my nose so hard it's bled a bit.

Everybody and everything is miserable.

But eventually we'll all get better and we will go for walks and enjoy the sunshine and be merry.

Currently I'm sitting on the couch with a tissue corking up my right nostril.

It's amazing how all of those tiny unseeable viruses and bacterium can render us as putrid and repulsive as Jabba the Hut.

...Amazing isn't the word. I think I meant Annoying.

-------------------------------------------------

Marvins Revolt is a band from Copenhagen. Their songs are all angular and stuff, and if you like The Forms or The Evaluation or History Invades then you might dig it. Not unique, but fun like algebra. The only thing that bothers me about the band is the missing apostrophe in their name. Maybe it's a Dane thing.

According to their Myspace they are "no longer active as a band."
Well THAT ruins Christmas.

Free song from their website:
Marvins Revolt - "Organize Your Arms"

-------------------------------------------------

The Academy Awards are on in a couple hours. Big-time award shows like this and the Grammy's are insanely fun to watch while sauced up on your favorite potable of choice. It's all about loudly making fun of all the people who earn more money than you'll ever see in your life, becoming loudly indignant when your nominee pick doesn't win, and loudly pointing out which films and characters you recognize in the montages. Or maybe that's just me. Geez, it must be terrible to watch an award ceremony with me.

Given the slimy state I'm currently in I'll probably won't imbibe, and that means I'm in for a fantastically dull evening. I've hardly seen any of the films. I don't even know who is hosting.
[/quick innernet research]
Ah, yes. Green Goblin, Jr., and Catwoman.
Remember that time Wolverine hosted?

Anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment