Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Family Tree, Billboard Style

The day my dad was born this song was #1 on the Billboard charts:


The day my mom was born a couple years later this song was #1 on the Billboard charts:


The day my wife was born this song was #1:

[Niiiice.]

And when I came along a couple years later:

[Of course.]

My oldest younger brother's #1:


My youngest younger brother's #1:

[HAHAHHAHAHAHA... sorry.]

And finally the #1 song on the day my daughter was born last year:



My immediate family comprises an outstanding cross-section of pop music. Throw in some cousins and aunts and uncles and we would probably have it all covered.

Most of all this illustrates how severely our times and tastes have changed throughout the years, and why one generation thinks the next generation's music is crap.


Fun resource: http://www.joshhosler.biz/numberoneinhistory/SelectMonth.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment