Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Dead Saint Day

I like the sad songs. I've always liked the sad songs. I'll take a sad song over a happy song always. And I'm not a sad kind of guy. I'm generally in good spirits, I've got a pretty good life, and I'm always in contact with people who kind of like me. I've got a great wife, I've got a great baby. I've got nothing to complain about.

But man, I really dig a sad, sad song.

Somehow they just sound better. Maybe the lyrics are more honest. Maybe the slower tempos better relax me. Maybe I just need something to counteract all the goodness.

Anyway, I know this Valentine's Day there's a lot of sadness going around. That's fine. Broken hearts, lost loves, and general loneliness make for good song fodder. So to all the depressed musicians out there, as long as you're being productive don't try so hard to find happiness. I need something to jam to.

Happy Valentine's Day.
Or not.

Hello Saferide - "Valentine's Day"
The Status - "Happy Valentine's Day"
Frank Black & the Catholics - "Valentine and Garuda"

[The lyrics to that Hello Saferide song are awesome.]
[The snottiness of that The Status song is awesome.]
[Frank Black and his Catholics are awesome.]

No comments:

Post a Comment