Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Buffet O-kay

Listening to the Badlands album by Chris Staples. Delicious lo-to-mid-fi humdrumminess. It was released back in January of 2010, but I haven't listened to it until now. You can do so as well, streaming it at Bandcamp.


I've been to the badlands of South Dakota. It's like a giant wicked playground.
One day I'll go back and probably accidentally drop my wallet down one of those cavernous crevasses.


Watching the Jays and Yanks on the television.
The Jays were winning.
Then the Yanks were winning.
So far they're continuing to win.
Soon these games will count for something.

People who say baseball is boring don't know that Luis Salazar lost his effing EYEBALL last week. Next month he plans to resume his minor league managerial duties as if nothing happened. He'll probably wear a pirate patch. Hardcore.


The only Elizabeth Taylor movie I've ever watched cover-to-cover was Taming of the Shrew. She was silent, angry, and ever-glamorous (she couldn't hide it -- the character was not a glamorous one). But more than that she was an actress. Shakespearean, even.

I also appreciated her contributions to the Simpsons.
1932-2011


To celebrate the arrival of spring nature decided to drop heavy quantities of snow upon us. I almost made it to work and back without incident, but a few blocks from home I slid into the curb and jacked the wheel alignment. The car still operates, but to drive straight I'll have to steer to the right. Tomorrow's commute should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment