Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Music Is Just Awful

But here are a handful of Christmas songs I find less awful than others. Some may even be quite good.

Yes, a couple of these are really very depressing. That is just my own musical preference and not a reflection of my attitude towards the holiday season in general.

Enjoy while I continue putting together my list of best 2011 albums.


Low - "Just Like Christmas"
The Evaluation - "Full Beards, Angel Wings, Car Doors and Department Stores"
Starflyer 59 - "A Holiday Song (Happy Holidays)"
Grandaddy - "Alan Parsons In A Winter Wonderland"
Sufjan Stevens - "Sister Winter"
The Civil Wars - "O Come O Come Emmanuel"
Over the Rhine - "All I Ever Get For Christmas is Blue"
Rosie Thomas - "Christmas Don't Be Late"
Saint Etienne - "No Cure For the Common Christmas"
Blitzen Trapper - "Christmas is Coming Soon"

No comments:

Post a Comment