Thursday, June 2, 2011

If Only Dover Was A Bend

Sometimes, either because she loves me or she's trying to kill me, my wife comes home with a bag of Blair's Death Rain chips. They're kettle cooked habanero chips, and they are delicious. They will also mess you up. I've been hacking and sputtering and sneezing my way through this bag, but I can't stop eating them. Clearly they are good for me because A) zero trans fats, and B) apparently habaneros help reduce high blood pressure. Seeing as there's steam shooting out of my ears right now I would have thought blood pressure would have increased instead.

Just so you know, if you find you've accidentally put something extremely spicy in your mouth, a slice of bread works wonders. A glass of fruit punch does nothing.

---------------------------------------------

Friday the wife, baby, and I will visit Port Dover for a bit. According to Wikipedia, Port Dover was the site of an American raid. This was during the War of 1812. The raid occurred in 1814. I'm inclined to believe this war was somewhat misnamed.

Port Dover is also the site of massive motorcycle gatherings every Friday the 13th. These things attract, like, a hundred thousand people. That is not an exaggeration. Thankfully this Friday is not the 13th, so hopefully we will enjoy a nice peaceful day at the beach. I don't want to be a part of any ritualistic hippy-stompings or anything.

---------------------------------------------

Sometimes I write terrible reviews for movies that may or may not be themselves terrible. Read, if you're inclined to, May's reviews, which are The New World, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and, uh, Beauty and the Beast. I'd like to say a review of Road to Perdition is forthcoming, but I haven't even started it yet. Maybe this weekend. Probably not.

And read the other reviews by the other contributors. We're an unmotivated bunch, and maybe some site hits will get us going again.

----------------------------------------------

Chris Staples just released a five-song EP on bandcamp.
It's free to download, free to listen, and free to enjoy.
http://chrisstaples.bandcamp.com/album/faces

No comments:

Post a Comment